Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Memory Lane

I just came back from a long walk down memory lane...and boy are my legs tired!
Remember when I would post (somewhat) nightly about the goings on here in Higbyland? How did I have the energy? How did I have the time? How did I get control of the laptop long enough?
I miss it.
And rather than promise that I'm going to get back on the blogging bandwagon, I'm just going to update you on what's new and exciting here. You say "exciting", I say "crazy". I really don't know where to start.  It's been almost a year and a half! How about some quick and dirty updates?

Zoe...12...7th grade
Cheerleader
Soccer Player
School-work Hater
Social Butterfly
New owner of her first cell phone (which was taken away for the first time less than a week after she received it. Momma likes the new punishment possibility!)
Zoe
Ty...10...5th grader...
Baseball Lover
Football Tolerator (he actually loves it...but is a little slow to admit it)
Smartie Pants
Gamer-in-training
Ty
The triplets...7!  Yes, SEVEN! How'd that happen?  They're in 2nd grade! They couldn't be more different. Their first day of Kindergarten, I sat at Starbucks in shock.  We had survived.  We'd lived through toddler years and actually managed to send them to school in one piece.

The boys are currently playing football (Eli wanted to...I made Cole). Eli loves it. Cole puts up with it. Last fall we did soccer and it was about the same level of enthusiasm...thumbs up from Eli...tolerance from Cole. Same with Spring and Baseball.  Eli is clearly the sports kid.  LOVES the NY Giants, NY Yankees, and Sportscenter. Cole would rather read, color, or jump on the trampoline.
 
Cole

Eli

Ava is a teenager trapped in a 7 year old's body.  Yes, she's still small.  But her attitude and personality aren't.  Occasionally, things will come out of her mouth like, "B-T-dubs...I invited Ashleigh over after school tomorrow!" She's cheering for Cole and Eli on the football sidelines. And is reading Junie B Jones or Young Cam Jansen anytime she isn't running around outside or playing Club Penguins with her friends.

Ava
As for me...same old same old. Not running as much as I was. Have given up on scrapbooking and learning to use my DSLR. Have taken up hot yoga. Really wish there were more hours in the day to get through my To Do List.


That didn't take so long!
See you all again soon...

No comments: